Drongo


Although I'm a city dweller but I'm lucky enough to have my house is surrounded by wilderness. There is a lake near by. And the world's largest mangrove forest- 'Sundarbans' is a few kilometers away from here.

I often sit in my room, gazing outside my window, and seldom the same bare branch catches my attention. A bird, a rare bird mostly, is perched there.

This time I spotted a Black Drongo. Long fork tail. All black.

 Its called the 'king of crows'. Despite being small in size, it is aggressive and threatens big birds to stay away from its territory. All small birds are, however, allowed to nest around its territory. So, in a way it protects all the small birds from the big birds.

Again I ran to fetch my SLR to click few snaps.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Common hawk-cuckoo / Papiya

Hoopoe in Jaipur

White Wagtail spotted in September