The Common hawk-cuckoo / Papiya

It had been a while since I came across a new bird. After a leisurely brunch on a Sunday, and thereafter while everyone went for a nap, I sat in my room working on my project. Just then, I heard an unusual bird call. I went out to see the bird and there it was right in front of me, perched on the nearest tree.

 The bird 'Papiya' is often mentioned in Indian cinema songs and poems. I was well aware of the bird but had never seen it. When I searched on google, I found out that the common hawk was known as "papaya' in Hindi.  The common hawk is light brownish and white.


The flying shot.


Comments

  1. This is a Shikra (Female) and not Common Hawk Cuckoo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hoopoe in Jaipur

White Wagtail spotted in September