I spotted a Roufus Treepie!

Watching the enchanted tree has become a habit now. I wake up in the morning to see the birds. I spend my evenings mostly around the enchanted tree because you never know when you spot a new bird. Sometimes, I hear an unfamiliar bird call and I scuttle outside to see the bird.

But it is not always that I spot it. Recently I saw a blue black bird. It was just a glimpse, on the same enchanted tree but hidden in the leaves. As yet I have not been able to spot it.

This one afternoon, sipping tea on my verandah chair, my camera around my neck, I gazed over the tree. For one second, I thought it was a Greater Coucal. But then, this was white in the wings! It was a Treepie.

The treepie seldom joins mixed hunting parties along with species such as Drongos and Babblers. I came across a drongo yesterday afternoon. The treepie is known to eat certain fruits that are toxic for the mammals. Henceforth, proving beneficial for crop cultivation.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Common hawk-cuckoo / Papiya

Hoopoe in Jaipur

White Wagtail spotted in September